Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's project time again...

It's time to start working on the main project. Jithin, Kiran, Ambily and Sunil are in my group. We are going for something big - working in Linux kernel for the first time. We are gonna implement BSD style 'Swapout Clustering' in Linux. It is a better paging mechanism. None of us have previous experience in kernel.

We all got books on 'Kernel Programming' and started reading it. But I don't know how many of us will read it in this Christmas vacation. Jithin upgraded his system to Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz and Geforce 8600GT. So, he will be busy with his games. I think he is playing 24hrs a day. He finished crysis in 1.5 days.

I am busy with my cousin's wedding. So I don't think I will get lot of free time. hmm... no idea when we can start the project and when or whether we can finish it. Yet, I have lots of confidence with me. :-)

No comments: